Who are we?
World Fund is a European climate tech VC built around the belief that decarbonisation is the key value driver for the future.
We back entrepreneurs building climate tech for a regenerative world.
We invest in world-changing technologies and business ideas. Our diverse international team comprises entrepreneurs, scientists, communication and policy specialists, investors, and visionaries.
We are a driven, passionate team of go-getters, working together to make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- PR, social media and content creation
- Managing our PR agencies in London and Berlin
- Expanding your network of journalists and PR professionals
- Planning, creating and posting our social media content (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Supporting the partners with their social media content and messages
- Writing articles, deep dives, whitepapers and studies together with the partners and the investment team
And who are you?
- Independent and self-starter, capable of owning projects and managing stakeholders
- Excellent communicator, able to express ideas and viewpoints in a compelling way
- Energised by a start-up culture of getting stuck in and supporting everyone to deliver
- Comfortable in a collaborative, diverse environment where we are encouraged to challenge one another, so the best ideas come first
- Highly personable and contributes to a warm, fun and friendly team culture
- Demonstrable capability and prior experience in supporting PR, preferably at a venture capital fund or startup
- Demonstrable capability and prior experience in planning, creating and posting social media content, preferably at a venture capital fund or startup
- Passionate about addressing climate change and forming a regenerative world
- Supportive of diverse opinions and able to constructively challenge viewpoints
- Fluent in German and English
- You are reliable according to § 1 (20) no. 1 - 3 of the German Anti Money Laundering Act.
- Good understanding of (climate) technologies
- Experience in the venture capital startup ecosystem
- Voluntary or professional activities undertaken in a climate tech field
- Capable of thought leadership in one of three key verticals: FALU, mobility or materials
Our Commitment to You:
- You will join the diverse and high-performing team with Danijel Visevic as your dedicated manager to set targets with you, align your tasks with our priorities to ensure valuable work, and support you through your time with the World Fund.
- Another member of staff will be your mentor at the World Fund. She will be a part of your professional development and coach you to build on your skills in venture capital.
- Whilst working with us, you are a full part of our team and the World Fund family. You will join us at our week-long strategic on-sites and team meetings.
- You will join us at our office in Ecosia’s co-working space in Berlin. We work here together with impact start-ups from the climate and also the political sector. The office has a large kitchen where we eat freshly prepared vegan lunch together with the Ecosians every Wednesday.
How to apply?
- Cover Letter
- Case Study: Please reply to the following three points (which can be done in flowing text or bullet points). Your answer to all three points combined should be max. three pages.
- Write a post for LinkedIn and Twitter about a current topic in climate tech and/or venture capital.
- Pick one of our portfolio companies and write a short “Why we invested in” blog post.
- Please comment on our social media (LinkedIn & Twitter) appearance and tell us what we are doing well, where we could improve, and why.