Who are we?
The World Fund is a €350M venture capital fund built around the belief that decarbonisation is the key value driver for the future.
We back entrepreneurs building climate tech for a regenerative world.
We invest in world-changing technologies and business ideas. Our diverse and international team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, communication and policy specialists, investors, and visionaries. We are a driven, passionate team of go-getters, working together to have a global impact.
We are looking for an Investment Manager to join our growing Amsterdam team!
What will you be doing?
- Independently providing deal flow generation through;
• Making public appearances on behalf of the World Fund, at events or in media
• Maintaining and developing your unique entrepreneurial, industry and VC network
• With the support of our interns and associates, you will lead on hypothesis development and use it to identify and evaluate deals
- Leading the end-to-end execution and due diligence of investment opportunities with support from the investment team, including analysis, modelling and negotiations
- Active Portfolio Management for our startups, we expect you to take Board Seats
- Providing mentorship and support to individuals within the investment team, which will include quarterly travel to our other offices
And who are you?
- Independent and self-starter, capable of taking on projects with limited supervision
- Excellent communicator, able to express ideas and viewpoints in a compelling way
- Energised by a start-up culture of getting stuck in and supporting everyone to deliver
- Comfortable in a collaborative, diverse environment where we are encouraged to challenge one another so the best ideas come first
- Highly personable and contributes to a warm, fun and friendly team culture
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in venture capital or investing, as well as relevant experience in other roles that give you an ‘edge’
- We are looking for you to have either;
• a technical background in chemistry, biology, engineering or similar
• a strong financial background with relevant tech experience
- Track record in leading and closing deals, and as an independent board member or observer supporting portfolio companies
- Passion for climate (we look for voluntary or professional activities undertaken in a climate tech field) with demonstrated deep knowledge in at least one of our climate tech verticals
- Supportive of diverse opinions and able to constructively challenge viewpoints
- Fluent in English, with another language a plus
- You are reliable according to § 1 (20) no. 1 - 3 of the German Anti Money Laundering Act.
- Experience in the startup ecosystem and in directly interacting with entrepreneurs
- Sector expertise in Transport & Mobility, or Agriculture
- Ability to speak Dutch or French (although this is not required for the role)
- Excellent network in one of our climate verticals and/or the Benelux region, UK or France
Our commitment to you
- You will join our diverse and high-performing team, with dedicated feedback and development opportunities
- Whilst working with World Fund you will be joining us at our team events. We run week-long strategic ‘offsites’ every quarter and have additional investment team meetings through the year.
- You will be based in Amsterdam at the sustainable co-working space Edge, which includes free access to a gym and has an onsite restaurant with delicious lunches. However we are a distributed organisation and encourage and support time spent in the other offices working alongside the whole team.
How to apply?
Please send your application to email@example.com with all required documents detailed below:
Please be aware that we cannot offer visa support as a part of this role.
- Cover Letter [please refer to the requirements in the job profile]
We are looking forward to receiving your application!