Who are we?
The World Fund is a €350M venture capital fund built around the belief that decarbonisation is the key value driver for the future. We back entrepreneurs building climate tech for a regenerative world.
We invest in world-changing technologies and scalable businesses with significant emissions savings potential. Our diverse international team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, communication and policy specialists, investors, and visionaries.
We are a driven, passionate team of go-getters, working together to make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Leading on and publishing market research for the World Fund on specific climate topics
- Building sector investment hypotheses with members of the investment team
- Joining deal teams to support with technical and competitive due diligence of startups
- Assessing pitch decks and providing recommendations in our weekly investment team meetings
And who are you?
- Independent and self-starter, capable of taking on projects with limited supervision
- Excellent communicator, able to express ideas and viewpoints in a compelling way
- Energised by a start-up culture of getting stuck in and supporting everyone to deliver
- Comfortable in a collaborative, diverse environment where we are encouraged to challenge one another so the best ideas come first
- Highly personable and contributes to a warm, fun and friendly team culture
- Phd and/or demonstrable working equivalence (+4 years) in a climate-relevant technical specialism
- Academic background in a scientific field (e.g., physics, chemistry, engineering, biology)
- Professional working experience alongside voluntary or professional activities around climate change or sustainability
- Ability to present complex information coherently and provide deep insights
- Passionate around addressing climate change and forming a regenerative world
- Supportive of diverse opinions and able to constructively challenge viewpoints
- Fluent in English, with another language a plus
- You are reliable according to § 1 (20) no. 1 - 3 of the German Anti Money Laundering Act
- Experience in the startup ecosystem and in directly interacting with entrepreneurs
- Basic financial knowledge and ability to apply to different cases, MBA a plus
Our Commitment to You:
- You will join our diverse and high-performing team, with a dedicated line manager to sit down and set targets with you, align your tasks with company priorities to ensure valuable work, and be there to support you through your time with the World Fund
- A senior member of staff will be your mentor at the World Fund. They will be a part of your professional development and coach you to build on your skills in venture capital
- Whilst working with us you are a full part of our team and the World Fund family, and so will be joining us at our week-long strategic ‘offsites’ and team meetings
- There will be opportunity to spend at least 10% of your time gaining experience across other functions for a part of the role, to discuss with your line manager
How to apply?
Please apply via this form.
If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com.
Please be aware that we cannot offer visa support as a part of this role.