Who are we?
The World Fund is a €350M venture capital fund built around the belief that decarbonisation is the key value driver for the future.
We back entrepreneurs building climate tech for a regenerative world.
We invest in world-changing technologies and business ideas. Our diverse and international team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, communication and policy specialists, investors, and visionaries. We are a driven, passionate team of go-getters, working together to have a global impact.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst (technical background) to join our growing Berlin/Munich team!
What will you be doing?
- Supporting deal flow generation and championing prospective deals:
• Building your personal network to contribute to dealflow generation.
• Independently providing the initial analysis and evaluation of startups and pitching them internally.
• Supporting hypothesis development with market/tech/sector research and developing a specialism within our climate verticals.
- Support parts of the assessment and diligence of investment opportunities:
• Developing tech/ product/ market/ competition/ sales analysis.
• Creating financial models.
• Writing Investment Proposals and supporting with legal documentation.
• As a part of the deal team you will be contributing to the execution of the investment end-to-end, including term sheet and final documentation.
- You will also support in various operational functions with some of your time.
- Represent World Fund to the outside world.
And who are you?
- Independent and self-starter, capable of taking on projects with limited supervision.
- Excellent communicator, able to express ideas and viewpoints in a compelling way.
- Analytical executor: demonstrated structured, analytical thinking and excellent execution ability in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Energized by a start-up culture of getting stuck and supporting each other to deliver. Passionate about entrepreneurship.
- Visionary explorer: You are very curious to learn about new technologies, from hardware to software and believe in challenging the status quo.
- Critical thinker: Collaborative in a diverse environment, yet challenging one another to push for the best ideas.
- Team player: Highly personable and contributes to a warm, fun and friendly team culture.
- Demonstrable capability and minimum of one to two years of prior experience working full-time at a management consultancy or investment bank, venture capital, private equity or infrastructure fund.
- Passion for climate with demonstrated deep knowledge in at least one of our climate tech verticals.
- Excellent academic track record: Degree in a technical or scientific field from a top tier university (e. g. physics, mechanical engineering, biotechnology, food science, chemistry, technology management, or similar)
- Demonstrated capability to thrive in a high-performance culture, such as management consulting, investment banking or similar and ready to go the extra mile.
- Passionate around addressing climate change and forming a regenerative world.
- Supportive of diverse opinions and able to constructively challenge viewpoints.
- Fluent in English.
- You are reliable according to § 1 (20) no. 1 - 3 of the German Anti Money Laundering Act.
- Voluntary or professional activities undertaken in a climate tech field.
- Prior experience of thought leadership in one of our key verticals.
- Fluent in German.
Our commitment to you:
- Together with the World Fund team, you will create impact by empowering climate tech companies to make this world a better place.
- You will join a diverse and high-performing team with extensive experience in the investment and climate space.
- As part of the VC ecosystem, you will get exposure to other funds and can start building your network in the VC world.
- A senior member of staff will be your mentor at the World Fund. They will be a part of your professional development and coach you to expand your skill set in venture capital.
- We commit to support you in your long-term career development, providing you with growth opportunities and supporting you to reach your targeted career goals.
How to apply?
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with all required documents detailed below:
Please be aware that we cannot offer visa support as a part of this role.
- Cover Letter [please refer to the requirements in the job profile]
We are looking forward to receiving your application!